Monday, June 7, 2010

Snuggly Slippers... and a muffin-top.

Know why I love Winter? Comfort food. I think I've put on three kilos this Winter already (yes, it is only the seventh day of June). Seriously, you can't beat hearty slow-cooked meals, hot chocolate with melted marshmallows, oozy cheese on toast, hot coffee (several a day, may explain this twitch I have developed). I also love flannelette.... not in a wear-it-to-the-shops kind of way (it belongs in your homes people, not in public), but for pyjamas, and sheets... so snuggly.


And I love being able to wear the slippers my kids got me for Mothers' Day last year...



But as a Mum, do you know the thing about Winter that I love the very best? Tracksuits. They go from the clothesline to the cupboard and wipe out most of my ironing during Winter. If only I didn't look like such a dag in them, I'd wear them every day too. But my tracksuits are kind of exercise-y. I bought them for those brisk early morning walks I planned to take five mornings a week... until I realised just how cold AND DARK it is at 5am every morning of the week. If I wear them during the day, I look like I'm on my way to the gym (because of course I team them with my twelve-month-old-but-look-brand-new Reeboks, bought for those same early morning walks).

Tell me, do you think there is any aerobic benefit to be derived from wearing exercise clothes all day if I don't ACTUALLY do any exercise??? Hmmmm. Should I go to Weight Watchers tonight and kick this comfort food habit, or have a sweet hot chocolate and snuggle on the couch? I'll get back to you...









5 comments:

  1. Sally - you are a funny girl - I only wished they would use up the calories just by having them on - I mean the thought is there, and if the thought is there it is there isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - go the blog! :) I love winters too....soups, stews, curries, slippers and scarves...mmmm so good - pity its damn cold too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Love it, very funny and the best part is I can hear you saying it, so therefore I will be fanging for your every post...not in an uncomfortable needy friendship way...but just a needy...must laugh often kind of way, and you make me laugh. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love yoga pants and I can't do a Downward Dog yoga position to save my life. They make my butt look good. And winter clothes are WAY better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW BLOG!

    ReplyDelete